Pages

07 August 2013

A+3

So yesterday I went out with my counselor, Carol, and got myself enrolled in school at Moruya High to start Thursday. While I was in the process of enrolment, one of the teachers came by and gave me my first assignment! He wants me to read the papers he gave me for MUNA the weekend after the next. MUNA is Model United Nations Assembly where I'll be going to Canberra with my future host brother, Will, and his cousin as a mock delegation for Malaysia to debate as the UN! That should be a fun weekend. Now tomorrow I just need to show up, sort out the uniform, and I will be all set to start enjoying school in Australia! After, we started to sort out my banking in Australia, which will be finished later this week. We had some tea at a nice cafe and along the way I met some nice Rotarians. It was an enjoyable morning where I returned home to go for a nice 10 km run around the town to explore and get my bearings straight. I took a relaxing afternoon before visiting the local AAC, Australian Army Cadets, to see about them and I think I might join them for the year. Last night seemed pretty fun, crawling around in the bush for the first time.

Now today I slept a little later, (I think the jet lag is finally behind me) and then Rohan took me up to Batemans Bay while he ran errands and to show me around. Its a nice town about the same size as North Haven but during the summer I guess it attracts a large crowd to the beach. We had a nice lunch up there and I saw my first pelican! It was nice day, that will end with my first rotary meeting with the Moruya Club, where I'll just give a brief introduction of myself until my presentation later this month.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see that you arrived safely and are all ready for the big adventure in "Oz". The North Haven Rotary Club wishes you well, and look forward to following your blog. -DM