Pages

25 February 2014

Birdland!

I just realized that I had completely forgotten to let you know about my experience at Birdland! The Friday before the Rebounders weekend, my host mom took me and my sister to Birdland, which is an animal park featuring all Australian animals! I had a very lengthy and detailed conversation with a cockatoo that consisted of "hello" "hi" and "joey!" haha I also got to feed an emu, some wallabies and kangaroos, as well as a greddy deer who tried to steal the whole bag! We were there during the koalas' feeding time so we got a little demonstration with that before getting to hold a baby wombat! The people at Birdland were caring for some baby wombats and brought one out for us to hold and see up close. It was the cutest thing ever and wombats are awesome!

No comments: