Pages

06 February 2014

6 MONTHS!!!!

I really need to start doing this more regularly... It just builds up since I haven't posted in a month and is now a bit overwhelming, so I may try to just breeze through it. If I end up not putting as much detail as you would like or something, well, umm... too bad. Get over it, haha.

I also don't think I'm going to go in chronological order this time. Its too easy.

Since I ended my last post in relation to prawns, or shrimp, I feel I'll begin this one in relation to those very same organisms. (I find it interesting how we kinda pronounce "sms" as "zims"... Just a little tangent, back to the prawns.) Since the last time I went prawning with my now previous host family (I'll get to that later) we did not get a very good result, we decided to go again on the next new moon, which happened to be this last Friday. This time we had a much better result! We tried at one place and it didn't look too promising so we went further down the coast to another spot where we spent 2 hours! By the end of the night we had over a 1 kilo (about 2lbs) of prawns! There weren't really too many big ones, but most were just big enough to eat, and they were delicious! It was a fantastic night!

Now to moving in with my next host family... It doesn't seem like a month has gone by! When moving day came I spent the last of it with my host family, at the beach in the morning and just hanging out in the avo, and they didn't want to let me go. <3 They had to, eventually, and I got to my next family in the early evening. We were introduced and since my host brother loves surfing, he had me out on a board before dinner! It was really fun and I got up a few times on a not too stable board! :) Surfing is a pretty d@#* awesome sport and I really enjoy it. I waited a couple days for a board more suited to me was usable, and then was out on the water again! I got up a few times again, but it only took one fall to end my day. One of these time, I lost my balance and ended up putting me knee into the board, damaging the fiberglass. Soooo... since then, until this past weekend, I have been without a board while it was getting repaired. Though now that its finally back, I can't wait to get back on it!

But..... I'm going to have a couple weeks. :/ For those who haven't heard, this past weekend I contracted appendicitis and had to get my appendix removed. That became an interesting little adventure to Moruya Hospital. Although I got to experience the Australian medical system and its better it happened here then in the US, I bet its probably 10x cheaper! haha Anyway, I had key-hole surgery so only 3 little scars, and I was out of the hospital the next morning. Now, that its Friday, (even though its its 1230am) I'm feeling a lot better and think I'll be back to normal before I know it! Not quite sure how I'm going to feel about this whole "no sports for 2 weeks" thing... I'll get trough it. :) I'll save you from the picture of my appendix. If you are that much interested, I can send you a copy, just ask! haha

Speaking of being about midnight, I think I should hit the sack, so I'll send this one off for you to see it and make another installment after I get some shut eye.

No comments: