Pages

12 September 2013

A+39

This week we started Year 11 exams at school, and while normally the exchange students don't take the exams and just get 2 weeks off from school, I plan on getting credit for the year so I elected to take them, and they may or may not count depending on the results. Monday was just a normal day at school so in class we just did final preparations to the exams. That afternoon, after returning home, I decided to do hill sprints, however, I quickly realized how out of shape I got since I could only do 5 when I should've been able to do more.

Tuesday, at school I had two exams: English in the morning and Hospitality in the afternoon. For the English exam I took a slightly altered exam since I was not here for the books the exam was on. Then I had 2 and half hours before the next exam so some friends and I went downtown to have lunch before taking the Hospitality exam which was mostly common sense stuff except for the legal things. That night, at AAC we mostly just did classes in preparation of AFX to Singleton. I also got some more gear: some patches, hootchie, sleeping bag and day pack so I just need a couple more things for the week long trip.

Yesterday, I woke up early for a Wednesday (around 0730) and had a relaxing morning other than the blo incident which I talked about in the last post. Around 1030, Hannah and I went down to the beach for about 2 1/2 hours, in which we forgot sunscreen. When we first got there, the water was absolutely freezing and we could only spend about a minute in the water. After a little while, we decided to go to the "cave" which is a little rock outcropping that people jump into that also has a small cave nearby. It's about a 3 meter drop and is pretty fun to jump into, although it was high tide so we didn't venture into the cave. Additionally its pretty annoying to climb out of, but by the time we got to the cave, the water was warmer and wasn't that bad to swim around. When we got back to where we set up shop, we went for another swim in the now warmer water, before I dug a hole about a meter deep and a meter and half across just because. It took me an hour to do and my back is still in pain, but it was fun. Later in the afternoon, I went to the running club again. It started off great and although we were against a huge headwind on the way down and most of the way back up, we were making great time and I was on track to make a PR by a minute. However, when we got back up the big hill, I was hit with a huge stitch (cramp), and could barely breath and had to give up my position next to the other guy in my skill level. If it wasn't for that, I may have even beat him yesterday. The cramp was probably due to the digging and sore back whilst not stretching before the race.

Today, I only had one exam: Legal Studies in the morning, which I think I bombed because I wasn't here for the material. After the exam, I hung out downtown again with some friends for about an hour and half, then wandered around town until my mom and dad got off work for lunch. I finally found my way around town and checked out everything on the main strip. After lunch, Geoff took me home, where I had a very unproductive afternoon as it took much longer than it should have to copy the photos and upload them to the blog and Facebook. Tonight, we had hot dogs for tea and I showed my family how to make s'mores! They were a little different as they don't have graham crackers here and the marshmallows are slightly different, but they were still good. Now Hannah will already know how ot make them for when she goes to the States!

No comments: